“Hiking is a bit like Life: The Journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other… again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to present throughout the entirety of the trek you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.”
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, is among the seventh summit of the world with the deadliest peak. Its cape is full of snow, which gives it a wonderful look, as well as the place, is surrounded by many wildlife, plants and ancient Jungle. Height of Kilimanjaro is considered to be 5,895 meters from the sea level. As many medicinal plants and trees are presented on its soil so many it’s also has made it a factor of scientific research. It’s also popular for hiking; many of the mountain climbers consider it as a challenge and aim of their life.
Are you tensed for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro? If yes, then don’t be tensed because you just need some best hiking tools, camping tools, and climbing clothes with some courage in your heart. Hiking Boot is one of the most important things you should check and consider before climbing, as the boot will strengthen your grip while stepping over the mountain and will help you to keep moving.
1. Process To Take Care Of Your Hiking Boot Before Climbing Kilimanjaro
From all the Kilimanjaro Clothes required for climbing, the Hiking Boot grasps your steps on the mountain and also keeps your body balanced. Some of the most important things you should check before buying or borrowing a Hiking Boot are size, quality, fitting, and material.
It’s very necessary to have a proper trial of the boot if it is new, wear it and move around your place and town and then leave it some moment. This helps you get a proper grip and comfort while climbing and the boots will always be ready for your journey. Always remember that hiking shoes should be well maintained if you are using it again and again so that there will be stress-free climbing.
a) Cleaning Tips
Boots for hiking are uniquely designed to urge dirty, however habitually cleaning and maintaining them will facilitate you to extend their life. Some best ways to clean them are:
- Take laces and inner soles out of the shoes and wash them separately. You can use detergent with mild hot water to clean them easily.
- Remove all the dirt using a brush; particularly you can use a soft nylon brush to do so.
- Mix warm water and detergent then use a toothbrush to scrub out the rest dirt out of the boots.
- Use a dry and soft soaking cloth or sponge to mop out the foam and water.
- Pack your boots in a bag and store it inside the refrigerator for an hour or two so that you can easily clean the gums, sap, and wax from it.
b) Conditioning And Polishing
Conditioning and polishing is the second important part to make the Hiking Boot more healthy and durable. Necessary steps to follow:
- For making your boots water-resistant, use waterproofing sprays or wax. Do it when they are slightly wet so that they will not absorb any water in future.
- Use a good quality conditioner to apply on your boots when they are a little wet so that it will be a bit moisturised and your boots will remain soft and resist further cracks. But don’t apply too much conditioner.
- Use a shoe polishing brush and cream to polish your shoes.
The last and foremost important step to make your shoes looks better than before. Follow these steps to do so.
- Keep your shoes outside so that it can dry easily from the sunlight. Also, sprinkle some baking soda and twisted newspaper inside your boots so that they can easily dry removing odours out of it.
- Try to dry the boot in a natural manner, leave it open for 24 hours and check it weather they are fully dried or not.
- Avoid using any dryer or radiator or an over to dry them. And finally, you can pack them after they got dried.
d) Maintaining Waterproof Hiking Shoes
The process to maintain your waterproof hiking shoes are as follow:
- Cleaning them properly
- Conditioning the shoes
- Waterproofing it
- Drying it totally
2. Pros Of Hiking Boot
- High Durability- As it is made up of high-quality materials and leathers its durability is much higher.
- Water Resistant- its body is specially designed to resist water.
- Support- It is having a bigger soul with good griping so to give you support while climbing.
- Protection- As the exterior of the shoe is stronger so it prevents anything to harm your foot.
- Fits In Any Weather Condition- As it is waterproof and high durables s it can be used in all type of climatic condition.
3. Cons Of Hiking Boots
- Breathability- Highly water-resistant skips it to breath.
- Takes Much Time To Dry- Leather takes much time to dry.
- Limited Agility- Harder exterior makes it agility limited.
Nowadays, companies are trying to make lightweight Hiking Boot. They are also trying to remove leather from it which will make it much cheaper and choosy for most of the climbers. At Gear is an online store from where you can get best Kilimanjaro Hiking Boots at an affordable price. For choosing some best Kilimanjaro Hiking Boots you can visit our website @ atgeartz.com.