A daypack is generally used for outdoor activity that involves things needed for a one day trip. There are different types of daypack with a lot of functional difference. A good quality daypack is in which the capacity and fit are perfect. A daypack is also an essential part of the Kilimanjaro Gear.
Whether climbing mountains, doing an epic day hike, or tooling around town, you need to arrive equipped with the right daypack. Here’s a quick breakdown of how to choose the perfect Kilimanjaro Hiking Gear for your next adventure:
Keep The Intended Activity In Mind:
- Compatible with hydration reservoir and have a side pocket to carry a water bottle.
- A lot of torso option and different suspension design would help you to choose a pack that fits your body.
- The special feature like a laptop sleeve, dividers, separate compartment, an organizer panel to hold small things.
- Many Daypacks have front opening rather than a top opening.
- Dual zippers with space for travel locks.
- Sized to meet carry-on luggage guideline.
Some have tuck straps away to keep them from getting caught in conveyor belts at airport or train stations.
- Narrow profile allows moving well while climbing with the Daypack on.
- Most have padded back or a frame sheet for comfort with a heavier load.
- Specialized features like a daisy chain, crampon patches, ice axe loop.
- Reinforcement and heavier fabric help in reducing damage from abrasion.
- Can also be used for backcountry skiing or snowboarding.
Which Features Should You Look For?
Different features help and support different activities. Here’s a quick breakdown of how various features included in daypack which is an essential element of Kilimanjaro Gear List:
There is various type of compartment in various type of daypack. Some have a sleeping compartment that has a zipper to access it. It is generally at the bottom of the pack. It can also be used to hold other light, compressible gear. Rain cover compartment is used to store the rain cover in a small dedicated pocket.
Waist And Shoulder Straps:
Load Lifter Strap: Some daypack includes load lifter straps. They are stitched into the top of the shoulder strap, and they connect to the top of the pack frame. They can help prevent the upper portion of the pack from pulling away from the body which would cause the pack to sag on your lumbar region.
Sternum Strap: The mid-chest strap found on most pack allows to connect to shoulder strap, they can boost your stability and often used when traveling in uneven terrain.
Capacity: The size of the daypack vary greatly.
Below are some considerations for the capacity of daypack which forms an integral part of the Kilimanjaro Climb Gear List.
10 liter or less: These are small packs built for lightweight pursuit like running, road biking, short hikes. It is designed for carrying essential stuff.
11-20 liters: compact packs built for hiking, mountain biking, running or travel. It has extra pockets for staying organized.
21-35 liters: This is usually used for hiking and travel day packs. There is enough capacity for food, clothes, camera, and book.
36-50 liters: These are the larger pack ideal for trips that require extra gears and clothes like climbing, mountaineering or hiking. It should be ultra-light and compact for being easy to carry.
So here are the features and types of daypack needed for your trip. We at AT Gears rent the Kilimanjaro Gears which include the daypack with the above features. So for more information, you can visit our site at atgeartz.com. Let our capability aid your adventure trip to Kilimanjaro!